To build positive partnerships between youth, deputies and communities through safe, affordable, tailored programs that make a difference.
San Mateo County Sheriff's Activities League (S.A.L.)
Building the Bond between Cops and Kids
2nd Annual Community Support Campaign
S.A.L. is running it's 2nd Annual Community Support Campaign to raise funds for the much needed programs in our community. These programs will provide disconnected youth with mentors; match first time juvenile offenders who would be entering the juvenile justice system with a case manager through our Youth Diversion program; provide tutoring to struggling students to reduce the number of high school drop-outs; educate students and families about healthier lifestyles through nutrition education, physical fitness, mentoring, and case management; provide teens with leadership training and skills that keep them involved in school and community service.
We are looking for leaders that will say, "I want to give HOPE to a child in our own community". Please view the video below and learn about some of the issues San Mateo County is experiencing and what S.A.L. is doing to combat them.
Bayside SAL Activities
- Jiu Jitsu Martial Arts, at Fair Oaks and Garfield Elementary, ongoing (North Fair Oaks)
- 4th/5th/6th Boys and Girls Basketball, 11/4 - 1/30/14, at RMCC, Kennedy, McKinley, and Boys & Girls Club
- 7th/8th Boys and Girls Basketball, 1/6 - 3/27/2014, at RMCC, Kennedy, McKinley, and Boys & Girls Club
- Youth Leadership Council, at Siena Youth Center, Wednesdays, Sept 4 - June 4 (North Fair Oaks)
- Youth Fitness/Nutrition, at Siena Youth Center, Thursdays, Sept 6 - June 6 (North Fair Oaks)
- Teen Leadership Council, at Everest High School, Tuesdays, Sept 12 - June 5 (North Fair Oaks)
- Lunchtime Soccer program, daily at Elementary Schools (Millbrae)
- FC SAL Academicos, Ongoing Futbol Club www.salacademicos.com
Coastside SAL Activities
- Teen Leadership Council, Tuesdays at Pillar Ridge, ongoing
- Open Gym, Cuhna Middle School, ongoing
- Arts & Crafts, Tuesdays at Moonridge, ongoing